Discovering the hype behind DRY BRUSHING
Dry brushing is an ancient skincare routine, one that's completely zero waste and toxin free – what's not to love about that? It’s a fool-proof, old-school method of getting rid of dead skin cells, resulting in brighter and smoother skin.
And what’s best? Not only does dry brushing benefit your skin, it’s also a fantastic way to boost your overall wellbeing.
Helps with lymphatic drainage
Helps improve muscle tone
Stimulates nerve endings
Eliminates clogged pores
Can be highly meditative
Might reduce cellulite
One of the things I found with dry brushing is that it might seem incredibly complicated at first. You might even be so scared of doing it wrong that you end up not trying it at all. But here's where many people are wrong. Dry brushing is incredibly straight-forward and requires virtually nothing besides a good-quality brush. I wanted this dry brushing tutorial to be incredibly short to emphasize just how simple this skincare ritual really is!
3 reasons why I love dry brushing for mind and body
It's EASY PEASY: Many skincare routines require hours of research and heaps of money. Dry brushing is a fantastic alternative that’s budget-friendly and won’t consume an unnecessary amount of time.
It encourages MINDFULNESS: We spend so much time in our heads, engaging with thousands of thoughts throughout the day. Dry brushing helps to bring your attention back to your body.
It’s a great way to BEGIN YOUR DAY: Just a few minutes of dry brushing is a brilliant way to kick off your day. You will get a boost of energy (totally caffeine-free!) and know you’ve done something fantastic for your overall wellbeing.
How do I dry brush correctly? 5 Simple Rules
Just like it’s best to dry brush in the morning, one of the best ways to ensure you get the most out of your dry brushing routine is to do it right before taking a shower. This will make sure you can wash off any dead skin cells and get back that healthy, natural glow.
The second rule is to use long sweeping motions that start at your feet and then work your way up.
Make sure to always brush towards your heart using a clean brush. It’s best to clean it with warm water and soap on a weekly basis before letting it dry naturally.
After finishing your dry brushing and shower routine, make sure to moisturise your skin. Your unclogged pores will be particularly prone to absorbing everything, so make sure to use a pure moisturiser such as 100% shea butter, argan oil or jojoba oil.
Last but not least – never brush over highly sensitive or broken parts of your skin (such as cuts, allergy marks or bruises). This will irritate your sensitive skin and result in a longer recovery period.
Still not sure how to dry brush? Try watching this super easy video tutorial that takes you through all the steps and points out any mistakes you might be making. If you’re still not sure about the effects of dry brushing, why not try giving it a go for one week and see how it makes you feel!
- Apr 11, 2019 Sustainability and Ethics in the Fashion Industry Apr 11, 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- Jan 23, 2019 Firehose Belts and Their Incredible Journey Jan 23, 2019
- Jan 16, 2019 How Not to Ruin Your Clothing: Taking Better Care of Your Clothes Jan 16, 2019
- Jan 9, 2019 Fashioned by Nature - Inspiration and Innovation Jan 9, 2019
- Jan 3, 2019 Natural shampoo bars and "The Transitional Purge" Jan 3, 2019
- Dec 29, 2018 Looking Back on 2018: DIY Year Reviews Dec 29, 2018
- Dec 2, 2018 How to Keep your Motivation Up Towards the End of the Year Dec 2, 2018
- Nov 21, 2018 Zero Waste Gift Essentials: Alternative Gifts Ideas for The Holiday Season Nov 21, 2018
- Nov 6, 2018 Immunity-Boosting Foods for Flu Season Nov 6, 2018
- Oct 29, 2018 Minimal and Eco-Friendly Halloween Decorations Oct 29, 2018
- Oct 25, 2018 How to Sleep Better: Natural Tips and Tricks Oct 25, 2018
- Oct 21, 2018 Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe, Perfect for Fall Oct 21, 2018
- Oct 10, 2018 Social Media and Mental Health: How to Use Social Media Mindfully Oct 10, 2018
- Oct 1, 2018 5 Inspiring Podcasts about Ethical and Sustainable Living Oct 1, 2018
- Sep 17, 2018 Discovering the hype behind DRY BRUSHING Sep 17, 2018
- Sep 1, 2018 Which Superfoods to Incorporate Into Your Diet and How Sep 1, 2018
- Aug 21, 2018 3 Essential Oils To Soothe Headaches Aug 21, 2018
- Aug 17, 2018 Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Aug 17, 2018
- Aug 10, 2018 Decorating your Home in an Ethical and Eco-Friendly Manner Aug 10, 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 10, 2018 3 Ways to Incorporate More Greens into your Diet Apr 10, 2018
- Mar 21, 2018 Spring Cleaning your Closet: How to Move Towards a Minimalist Ethical Wardrobe Mar 21, 2018
- Mar 12, 2018 For the farmers sake... Mar 12, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 Why You Should Make Your Own Granola: Easy Vegan Granola Recipe Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 6, 2018 Plastic bottles turned into clothing Mar 6, 2018
- Feb 20, 2018 Certified by the Fairwear Foundation Feb 20, 2018
- Feb 13, 2018 How to Construct an Epic Vegan Breakfast for Valentines' Day Feb 13, 2018
- Feb 7, 2018 How to Continue with Veganism after Veganuary Feb 7, 2018
- January 2018