Peanut Butter and Jelly Oat Bars Recipe
I think peanut butter and jelly has to be one of my favourite sweet combo’s, which is why I love these oat bars so much. I don’t know about you, but I always reach for a snack sometime in the afternoon. No matter how much I ate for lunch, I always crave something sweet. These peanut butter and jelly oat bars are the perfect snack; they’re sweet, hearty and have some sneaky health foods added in. They’re very easy to make and they keep well for several days; that is, if you can resist eating them warm from the oven! These bars are also perfect to bring along to picnic’s and barbecue’s this summer. Let’s get into the recipe:
2 ripe bananas
2 cups oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup soy milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp golden syrup (or any syrup of your choice)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds
For the filling:
3 tbsp raspberry jam (or any berry jam of your choice)
2 tbsp peanut butter
Preheat your over to 200°C.
Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl.
To the bananas add the soy milk, golden syrup and peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl add the oats, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
Add the sunflower seeds and flax seeds to the mixture and mix until well combined.
Line a baking dish with baking paper.
Place half the mixture in the baking dish and mould it into a smooth layer on the bottom of the dish.
On top of the layer add your peanut butter and jam. Spread these evenly across the layer.
Take the remaining half of your mixture and create a layer on top of your filling, so that everything is covered.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Once fully baked let the bars cool a little bit before cutting them. They taste great still a little bit warm. They also store very well: keep them in a airtight contained in the fridge for up to 5 days or keep them in the freezer for several months.
You can easily customise this recipe if you want to. Choose any nut butter you would like, or switch the golden syrup with maple. I hope you enjoy these bars as much as I do!
- Aug 10, 2018 Decorating your Home in an Ethical and Eco-Friendly Manner Aug 10, 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 10, 2018 3 Ways to Incorporate More Greens into your Diet Apr 10, 2018
- Mar 21, 2018 Spring Cleaning your Closet: How to Move Towards a Minimalist Ethical Wardrobe Mar 21, 2018
- Mar 12, 2018 For the farmers sake... Mar 12, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 Why You Should Make Your Own Granola: Easy Vegan Granola Recipe Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 6, 2018 Plastic bottles turned into clothing Mar 6, 2018
- Feb 20, 2018 Certified by the Fairwear Foundation Feb 20, 2018
- Feb 13, 2018 How to Construct an Epic Vegan Breakfast for Valentines' Day Feb 13, 2018
- Feb 7, 2018 How to Continue with Veganism after Veganuary Feb 7, 2018
- January 2018