Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe, Perfect for Fall
When I think of comfort food, I think of a big bowl of soup, alongside some nice crusty bread. There’s something about soup that is just so heart-warming, and now that temperatures are dropping, soup-season is amongst us! Today, I sharing my absolute favourite soup recipe; a creamy pumpkin soup. It is filled with veggies, making it a very filling and nutritious meal. It is also pretty easy to make, and a perfect meal-prepping dish. Here’s how to make it:
You will need a large saucepan and a blender (hand-held or stationary both work well).
• 1 large onion
• 5 cloves garlic
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 carrots
• 4 stems celery
• 1 medium pumpkin (or butternut squash, both work well)
• 8 baby potatoes
• 4 stems parsley
• 2 veggie stock cubes
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 pack (250ml) coconut cream
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• Salt, pepper and chilli powder to taste
• ~6 cups water
• Prepare all your vegetables. Make sure to cut your carrots, potatoes and pumpkin into small cubes in order to facilitate faster cooking.
• Fry your garlic and onion in olive oil. Keep stirring until they start to brown; add a little bit of water during this process if needed.
• Add celery, carrots, potatoes and pumpkin to the pan and let cook for a few minutes.
• Add in your parsley (chopped) as well as the salt, pepper and chilli.
• Add ~6 cups of water to the pan; make sure all your vegetables are covered.
• Add stock cubes and tomato paste to the pan. Stir in and cover.
• Allow the vegetables to cook for around 50 minutes. Stir occasionally.
• Once the vegetables are soft, take the pan off the heat.
• Using a immersion blender, mix everything together until smooth. If you are using a stationary blender, transfer the mixture to the blender and mix until smooth.
• Once smooth, add coconut cream and soy sauce to the soup.
• Place the pan back on the heat and let cook for another 10 minutes. Add some more salt, pepper or chilli if wanted.
• Serve and enjoy.
I enjoy this soup with some slices of sourdough spread with vegan margarine; the best combo. I hope you find this soup as tasty as I do!
- Nov 6, 2018 Immunity-Boosting Foods for Flu Season Nov 6, 2018
- Oct 29, 2018 Minimal and Eco-Friendly Halloween Decorations Oct 29, 2018
- Oct 25, 2018 How to Sleep Better: Natural Tips and Tricks Oct 25, 2018
- Oct 21, 2018 Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe, Perfect for Fall Oct 21, 2018
- Oct 10, 2018 Social Media and Mental Health: How to Use Social Media Mindfully Oct 10, 2018
- Oct 1, 2018 5 Inspiring Podcasts about Ethical and Sustainable Living Oct 1, 2018
- Sep 17, 2018 Discovering the hype behind DRY BRUSHING Sep 17, 2018
- Sep 1, 2018 Which Superfoods to Incorporate Into Your Diet and How Sep 1, 2018
- Aug 21, 2018 3 Essential Oils To Soothe Headaches Aug 21, 2018
- Aug 17, 2018 Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Aug 17, 2018
- Aug 10, 2018 Decorating your Home in an Ethical and Eco-Friendly Manner Aug 10, 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 10, 2018 3 Ways to Incorporate More Greens into your Diet Apr 10, 2018
- Mar 21, 2018 Spring Cleaning your Closet: How to Move Towards a Minimalist Ethical Wardrobe Mar 21, 2018
- Mar 12, 2018 For the farmers sake... Mar 12, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 Why You Should Make Your Own Granola: Easy Vegan Granola Recipe Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 6, 2018 Plastic bottles turned into clothing Mar 6, 2018
- Feb 20, 2018 Certified by the Fairwear Foundation Feb 20, 2018
- Feb 13, 2018 How to Construct an Epic Vegan Breakfast for Valentines' Day Feb 13, 2018
- Feb 7, 2018 How to Continue with Veganism after Veganuary Feb 7, 2018
- January 2018