5 Inspiring Podcasts about Ethical and Sustainable Living
It can be hard to find time to research and read about topics related to ethical and sustainable living. Especially when you are just new to this journey, the amount of information can be a little overwhelming. Podcasts are a great way to learn more and get inspired, and they don’t have to take up too much of your time. You can listen during your commute to work, whilst you are working out or when you have a quick moment during your day. There is a large variety of ethical and sustainable living podcasts out there; here are a few of my favourites.
For all things ethical and sustainable fashion, you have to listen to Conscious Chatter. The podcast focusses on the impact of our fashion choices and explores how we can made a positive change in the garment industry. There are over 130 episodes, many of which include interesting interviews with people in the sustainable fashion industry. Wether you are just starting to learn about the garment industry, or want to delve into deeper topics; Conscious Chatter is bound to have episodes perfect for you.
If you’re interested in pursuing minimalism as part of your ethical and sustainable living journey, there is no better podcast to listen to than The Minimalists podcast. Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus are ‘The Minimalists’, and with years of experience, they have lots of knowledge to share. The are over 148 episodes to listen to, covering topics from decluttering to relationships to consumerism. Pretty much anything related to minimalism, these two experts will cover it, and in an accessible and easy to listen to way.
The Green Dreamer podcast looks at sustainability in all aspects of life; from fashion to recycling to social events. The podcast is hosted by Kaméa Chayne and regularly has inspiring guests on, such as UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador Adrian Grenier and indigenous environmental activist Xiuhtezcatl Martinez. This podcast is great for anyone looking to make an active change in their lives in the realm of sustainable and ethical living. Kaméa interviews a lot of sustainable entrepreneurs who give great advise to those looking to start their own businesses in the sustainable living sector.
Topics surrounding ethical and sustainable living can be pretty intense at times, which is why Sustainababble is a must-listen for anyone navigating the lifestyle. The podcast slogan is: “a weekly podcast about the environment, for and by the confused”. Hosts Ol and Dave explore confusing topics around the environment and sustainability, hoping to get a little closer to understanding. Some previous topics include solar power, organic farming and periods. There are over 116 episodes out there, and they’re a great listen on days where you want to consume something a little lighter.
For a more formal and researcher point of view on sustainability, The Sustainability Agenda is the way to go. Each episode is hosted by Fergal Byrne, a researcher and writer with over 20 years experience in the sector, who interviews a variety of leading sustainability thinkers. The episodes can be an intense listen, and they are quite research-heavy, but they offer some amazing insight into sustainability topics. There are currently 55 episodes available; the latest few looking at sustainable cities and sustainable agriculture.
Give these podcasts a try and see which ones suit you best. Get ready to learn and be inspired; happy listening!
- Jul 5, 2019 What To Do With Your Unwanted Clothes Jul 5, 2019
- Jun 30, 2019 Hashtag "Who made my clothes?" Jun 30, 2019
- May 27, 2019 A Story of Denim Jeans May 27, 2019
- Apr 11, 2019 Sustainability and Ethics in the Fashion Industry Apr 11, 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- Jan 23, 2019 Firehose Belts and Their Incredible Journey Jan 23, 2019
- Jan 16, 2019 How Not to Ruin Your Clothing: Taking Better Care of Your Clothes Jan 16, 2019
- Jan 9, 2019 Fashioned by Nature - Inspiration and Innovation Jan 9, 2019
- Jan 3, 2019 Natural shampoo bars and "The Transitional Purge" Jan 3, 2019
- Dec 29, 2018 Looking Back on 2018: DIY Year Reviews Dec 29, 2018
- Dec 2, 2018 How to Keep your Motivation Up Towards the End of the Year Dec 2, 2018
- Nov 21, 2018 Zero Waste Gift Essentials: Alternative Gifts Ideas for The Holiday Season Nov 21, 2018
- Nov 6, 2018 Immunity-Boosting Foods for Flu Season Nov 6, 2018
- Oct 29, 2018 Minimal and Eco-Friendly Halloween Decorations Oct 29, 2018
- Oct 25, 2018 How to Sleep Better: Natural Tips and Tricks Oct 25, 2018
- Oct 21, 2018 Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe, Perfect for Fall Oct 21, 2018
- Oct 10, 2018 Social Media and Mental Health: How to Use Social Media Mindfully Oct 10, 2018
- Oct 1, 2018 5 Inspiring Podcasts about Ethical and Sustainable Living Oct 1, 2018
- Sep 17, 2018 Discovering the hype behind DRY BRUSHING Sep 17, 2018
- Sep 1, 2018 Which Superfoods to Incorporate Into Your Diet and How Sep 1, 2018
- Aug 21, 2018 3 Essential Oils To Soothe Headaches Aug 21, 2018
- Aug 17, 2018 Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Aug 17, 2018
- Aug 10, 2018 Decorating your Home in an Ethical and Eco-Friendly Manner Aug 10, 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 10, 2018 3 Ways to Incorporate More Greens into your Diet Apr 10, 2018
- Mar 21, 2018 Spring Cleaning your Closet: How to Move Towards a Minimalist Ethical Wardrobe Mar 21, 2018
- Mar 12, 2018 For the farmers sake... Mar 12, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 Why You Should Make Your Own Granola: Easy Vegan Granola Recipe Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 6, 2018 Plastic bottles turned into clothing Mar 6, 2018
- Feb 20, 2018 Certified by the Fairwear Foundation Feb 20, 2018
- Feb 13, 2018 How to Construct an Epic Vegan Breakfast for Valentines' Day Feb 13, 2018
- Feb 7, 2018 How to Continue with Veganism after Veganuary Feb 7, 2018
- January 2018