Plastic bottles turned into clothing
It's always fascinating selling at the markets and festivals; we get to talk face-to-face with people about our brand and see how they react to our products. We notice that at every event we exhibit at, the idea of plastic bottles being recycled into clothing sounds pretty crazy to so many people. What better way to explain it in detail than on our blog?!
Plastic bottles and T-shirts are unarguably very different objects, but in reality, the process of making tees out of recycled plastic bottles is not as insane as it may seem. Think of polyester - it's a widely used fabric, and it comes from plastic. So then, we know plastic can be turned into fabric/polyester. The cool thing about these tees is that they come from recycled plastic bottles.
A MILLION plastic bottles are bought around the world every MINUTE and their annual consumption is set to top half a trillion by 2021! If we look into what happens to those bottles after we discard them, we'll find truly devastating information. The Greenpeace estimates that 12.7 million tonnes of plastic – everything from plastic bottles and bags to microbeads – end up in our oceans each year. That’s a truck load of rubbish a minute!
Recycling plastic bottles into clothing is one way to use rubbish that won't decompose, and that would otherwise pollute our planet. To help you understand this process, we made a cool infographic to illustrate it.
- Oct 10, 2018 Social Media and Mental Health: How to Use Social Media Mindfully Oct 10, 2018
- Oct 1, 2018 5 Inspiring Podcasts about Ethical and Sustainable Living Oct 1, 2018
- Sep 17, 2018 Discovering the hype behind DRY BRUSHING Sep 17, 2018
- Sep 1, 2018 Which Superfoods to Incorporate Into Your Diet and How Sep 1, 2018
- Aug 21, 2018 3 Essential Oils To Soothe Headaches Aug 21, 2018
- Aug 17, 2018 Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Aug 17, 2018
- Aug 10, 2018 Decorating your Home in an Ethical and Eco-Friendly Manner Aug 10, 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 10, 2018 3 Ways to Incorporate More Greens into your Diet Apr 10, 2018
- Mar 21, 2018 Spring Cleaning your Closet: How to Move Towards a Minimalist Ethical Wardrobe Mar 21, 2018
- Mar 12, 2018 For the farmers sake... Mar 12, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 Why You Should Make Your Own Granola: Easy Vegan Granola Recipe Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 6, 2018 Plastic bottles turned into clothing Mar 6, 2018
- Feb 20, 2018 Certified by the Fairwear Foundation Feb 20, 2018
- Feb 13, 2018 How to Construct an Epic Vegan Breakfast for Valentines' Day Feb 13, 2018
- Feb 7, 2018 How to Continue with Veganism after Veganuary Feb 7, 2018
- January 2018